Lake County Treasurer Michael Zuren and Auditor Christopher Galloway are offering free financial literacy courses in 2023.
The treasurer’s office is also offering courses on identity theft, college financial planning and financial literacy/tax reduction programs and grants available in Lake County.
And they just announced the next round of sessions.
The free courses were created to help children, students and seniors with financial literacy, budgeting, identity theft, and college preparation. Below is the current list of free classes offered so far in 2023.
• May 6 at 1 p.m. — Financial Literacy Ages 12 to 18 at Fairport Harbor Library. Call 440-354-8191 to register
• May 11 at 6 p.m. — College Financial Planning at Willowick Public Library. Call 440-943-2203 to register
• May 15 at 6:30 p.m. — Financial Literacy and Tax Savings programs for senior citizens at Willowick Public Library. Call 440-943-2203
• May 27 at noon — College Financial Planning at Fairport Harbor Library. Call 440-354-8191 to register
• Aug. 8 at 10 a.m. — Identity Theft Presentation at Willoughby Senior Center. Call 440-951-2832 to register
• Sept. 14 at noon — Identity Theft Presentation at Madison Senior Center. Call 440-428-6664 to register
The educational courses include basic financial concepts, savings, responsibility, understanding credit and jellybean math for children), budgeting with contest for students and retirement and programs for seniors, according to a news release.
The courses are interactive.
Call Zuren with any questions about the courses at 440-350-2516.